Sunday, February 1, 2009

seems like yesterday

MAN-it just seems like yesterday my baby turned one--and now he's turning two--before I know it he'll be all grown up--makes u realize how short life is and what the big picture is all about--


silveroaktree--"my blog address" are my two favorite poems put together-a friend gave me a copy of Silver Boxes when I was in the sixth grade- I still have that same copy -more importantly I still have that lifetime friend! It's crazy how people can be touched so by the smallest things-I will share The Oak Tree some other time-there is a great story behind that one.


Silver Boxes


My words were harsh and hasty

And they came without a thought.

Then I saw the pain and anguish

That my bitter words had brought.


Bitter words that I had spoken

Made me think back through the past;

Of how many times I'd uttered

Biting words whose pain would last.


Then I wondered of the people

I had hurt by things I'd said;

All the ones I had discouraged

When I didn't use my head.


Then I thought about my own life,

Of painful words I've heard;

And of the times I'd been discouraged

By a sharp and cruel word.


And now clearly I remember

All the things I might have done;

But, by a word I was discouraged

And they never were begun.


Lord, help my words be silver boxes,

Neatly wrapped up with a bow;

That I give to all so freely,

As through each day I gladly go.


Silver boxes full of treasure,

Precious gifts from God above;

That all the people I encounter

Might have a box of God's own love.


1 comment:

  1. What an AWESOME poem!! I wondered where the name for your blog came from! Nash is getting too big. I can't wait for the bowling party.
    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete